The O'Hara Family

Saturday, April 07, 2007

My tummy hurts


"My tummy hurts. And I've thrown up five times."

"Hmmm, you say the medicine will make me feel better?"


"Ohhh, that tastes a little weird."

"If I've got to be sick, then I'd like to spend it with my daddy"






Rory has indeed been sick these last few days. On Thursday morning, she threw up a few times, but her rookie parents kept ascribing the barf to random things and packed her up anyway for daycare. Just as we were arriving, however, Rory up-chucked a third time, which convinced her parents that she was indeed sick. Sarah spent the day at home with Rory and followed advice from our pediatrician. She seemed fine the next day, but she threw up at daycare and was acting puny, so we took her to see the pediatrician who diagnosed the stomach bug as rotovirus and found an ear infection on top of that. Thankfully, Rory is sleeping fine and, as of this writing, she is showing signs of improvement (i.e., no up-chuck all day).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home