The O'Hara Family

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Folk Life

"It's your weekend update from Rory! As you can see, mommy and daddy insist upon putting me in these silly sun hats when I tell them that I want to go outside. This weekend, I took my parents to the Smithsonium's Folk Life Festival on the Mall. Daddy enjoyed the beer in the 'Northern Ireland' part of the festival, and he showed me where my great-great-great-great grandfather sailed from Ireland to America a long time ago. Mommy liked the history found in the 'Roots of Virginia' section. And me?...
"I liked the interesting people that I met in the 'Mekong' exhibit, which featured the folk from Thailand and Vietnam. This nice man even let me play with his drum! A crowd formed around me as I sang a soulful song. Next year, the Folklife Festival should feature "Rory's Kingdom" and showcase the life and times of me, because clearly I'm a crowd pleaser!"
"Later, I entertained my fan club with a dance with Peacock Man. He rocks."
"I had fun with mommy at the festival, although she wanted to spend way too long in the 'fish traps' booth..."
"...Although the fish traps were pretty cool."
"On Sunday, I took daddy and mommy to a fundraiser for Justin Wilson, who is running for a place on the Alexandria City Council. My friend Renny hosted! We took this photo at her house. Renny's parents had a wonderful spread for friends and neighbors who came out to hear Mr. Wilson talk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home